Friday, July 13, 2007

There's a light at the end of the tunnel...

It's Friday!!! That means I've made it through most of the week and tomorrow N8 comes home!! A little run down on my week thus far. Monday, I called my urologist asking if I needed to have anything done before my appointment and they said to get an ultrasound. I found a friend to watch my kids and headed over to the hospital. I can't count the number of times I've walked in for an ultrasound with no appointment. But of course that was the day that they were down a tech and couldn't see me. So, Tuesday I got a sitter and got an ultrasound (of my kidney's not the baby). I was pleasantly surprised when the tech said she saw no stones!!!!!! Yippee!!! I had an x-ray done in Feb and there were 2 stones. So they either miraculously disappeared or I passed them without realizing it!!

Wednesday was our mother/daughter craft night. In the end it was good. In the beginning though it was a different story. Why do I have constant problems with people not following the rules or following through??? The other ward in our building set up for a mutual activity in the gym, so I made them move it! We have 1 night a month and there was no way I was going to change it. Of course only one committee member and no other presidency members came to help with set-up. Something we need to work on. Bud spent the evening playing at Abby's house. I didn't get over to pick him up until about 9:30pm or so. All in all people enjoyed it, but I'm so glad it's over with.

Thursday I had my urology appointment. So, Another sitter. It has been the week of babysitters for my kids. At his office it's usually a 2 hour wait in the waiting room them see him for 2 minutes. But I lucked out!! I was in and out in a half hour. I don't have to go back to him until after the baby comes and just need to drink TONS of water!!

Tonight Amy, Abby and Iris are coming over for dinner and a movie. We're planning on watching Pride and Prejudice. I have both so I'm not sure if we'll go with the new or the BBC one. Both hubbies are gone away. It should be fun and our last opportunity to so something like this before they move.

So I know this is long but I have to add a couple of pics I took this morning of the kiddos. They wanted me to make them hats. Although these are not triangle shaped hats, I have to add that my favorite song to sing with Emma lately is "My hat it has 3 corners, 3 corners has my hat, and had it not 3 corners, it would not be me hat!!" It's so cute to hear her sing it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pics. Good news that there are no stones. Too bad you couldn't have had them sneak a peek at the baby while you were in there lol.

Lupe said...

I was wondering how your week went. I'm glad that it's over and your hubby is home. Irks me too when people don't follow through. Especially when their suppose to bring the refreshments..Kidding! Umm..no not really. I really do get irked when there's no refreshments. :0)

Have a great week and I'll check on you later!

Love the pics! CUTE!