Well kind of... So, technically today was Bud's first day of Kindergarten. On the first day here they do a parent orientation. The kids only went for an hour, the class was split in two and parents attended as well. This is a good thing, it allowed us to meet the teach and get a basic idea of how she runs her classroom. I convinced N8 that he should come with us, which I'm glad he was there. I think we're going to be very happy with Buds teacher. There are 2 other boys from church that are also in his class, so he'll know them. But, I think tomorrow it will really hit that school has begun. We do have our first homework packet and book order. I'm a total sucker for book orders!! I love children's books and you can't get better deals on kids books than in a school book order.
So, during at least the beginning of this school year we have a few things going on. We signed Bud up for soccer! We're excited about this and hope that he really enjoys it. Music makers starts in September. Emma loves music makers and I'm glad that everyone was wanting to start it back up this school year. I'm also going to do a playgroup with 3 other moms once a week. It will be a drop off play group. The kids are all about 2 1/2, Emma's going to love it! For me I hope to be able to do a little more sewing (baby blankets, burp clothes, etc!). I also want to do some fun Christmas crafts for friends and family, but will have to do them pretty early this year. And it's time to start figuring out what I'll make for Halloween costumes this year!!
Here's to a new school year!!
4 comments:
Fun times! Hope he has a good day tomorrow!
Ugh, don't remind me about Halloween costumes. There are so many other things I need to do........
My DD#2 started kindergarten too.
I'm sure that bud will do fine, especially with all of the parental involvement and support from the school.
Hope that you're feeling alright.
Whoopee! Bud will be a busy little guy!! Speaking of busy, you be sure to take care of yourself!
YEA! for the school year! There is something special about getting back into a routine that I love! I hope the first week was a good one! :)
Post a Comment