Wednesday, September 5, 2007

An about face...

The the getting nothing done thing has gone a little haywire!! This weekend we got lots done. We tore the carpet off our patio. Whomever thought that putting carpet right next to sprinklers obviously wasn't thinking. But after we pulled it up we found troweled on carpet glue. N8 has spent countless hours scraping and has many more to go. Once the glue is gone, we're going to paint it with nifty garage paint with fun sprinkles.

We also purchased paint for the kids rooms. Home Depot had $5 off a gallon and it was something we were planning on doing anyways. So, Tuesday I thought I would get the edging all done in Bud's room that will become Emma's room. Instead I painted the entire room!! I finished doing the touch-ups tonight! We're not quite done though, I painted it yellow and we're going to to a pink stripe around the top. Hopefully this weekend we get Emma's room that will become Bud and baby's room painted!! It will be a gray blue with sponged-stamped random stars around the top!

This weekend (well actually Labor day) we purchased a new kitchen table and chairs. We didn't go with the one pictured in the previous post. We decided to go with something we could see before buying. We got the table, 4 chairs and the bench!

I'm excited to actually get some decorating done. I am slightly addicted to HGTV, but my home doesn't show it!!

5 comments:

michelle said...

Yoy have been one busy girl! I would love to see pictures of your paint work. It sounds like the kids rooms are going to be darling! I love the look of your new kitchen set. How exciting for you!

n8'swife said...

Thanks, I'll will post pics when we're finished with them!

Amy said...

Hey, look at me, I'm posting and it was so easy. I'm sorry I'm not there to help you. I also can't wait to see pictures.

Anonymous said...

Cute table and chairs. Can't wait to see pics of your painting.

Lupe said...

Are you nesting already? You are a busy bee! Hurry and post some pics!