Sunday, October 21, 2007

When it rains, it pours...

But the sun will come out!! What a week! It really started at the end of last week. Bud was sick and we thought he was totally on the mend. N8, Emma and I were all feeling pretty well. Then on Tuesday afternoon I started having some immense pain on my right side. We went into the doctor and found blood in my urine, so we figured I was passing a kidney stone. We didn't want to got the ER or be admitted, so went home and toughed it out. About 4 hours, 60 oz of water and many potty trips, the pain was gone.

We thought all was well until Wednesday morning both Bud and Emma woke up running fevers. When we took them into the doctor Bud was running 103.5 ! It turns out they both had a chest virus, but Bud also had a nasty ear infection.

Then on Thursday and Friday it was N8's turn. He started in with the fever, chills, sour throat. But after a day of rest and lot of pray he felt a bit better on Saturday. This was very, very important!

Saturday was our stakes commemorative day in the LA temple. We had 433 members of our stake attend an hour long session in the solemn assembly room of the temple. It was a wonderfully spiritual experience that I would have been very disappointed to miss.

Along the lines of crazy happenings as well is that our babysitter for Saturday injured herself at a track meet the night before! Luckily my cousin who lives in town and my aunt and uncle (we were just visiting!) watched them all day. We are so grateful for them helping us out.

5 comments:

ooooo said...

I have noticed that it always rains in my life when I am wanting to go to something that is really spiritual or go to the temple. I am glad that everyone is better. I hope you have a better week.

Lupe said...

I hope you and your family are feeling much better! Sounds like an awful bout with the yuckies over there! So happy you made it to the Temple..thank goodness for prayers to feel better and for family to watch the kiddos!

Anonymous said...

My goodness lady! Your poor family! Glad to know that everyone is on the mend...

Amy said...

YOU DIDN'T TELL ME ABOUT THE KIDNEY STONE!!!!! I'm glad you are feeling better. We need to chat!

Unknown said...

Wow What a week! Please call me if you ever need anything! Or just a break!