Those who know me might know I love to read, honestly rarely do. There is a perfectly good explanation though, when I start I just can't stop! Last week I checked out "
The 100 Dresses" by Elenor Estes. It's a little book, 88 pages with illustrations. It's a story of a little girl who was teased for wearing the same dress everyday to school. She told everyone she had 100 dresses. We're thinking of using this book as the theme for our next quarterly Home, Family and Personal Enrichment night. We would do a clothing drive for our local women's shelter.

Then a friend recommended "
Austenland" by Shannon Hale. Any Jane Austen fans will find this to be a quick, fun, lighthearted read and some might even wish that they could go to Austenland themselves. I'm still in debate! It's just under 200 pages and I read it in an evening. Now I need to go break out my copy of the A&E Pride and Prejudice!

Now, just for Amy I now have put "
Poison Study" by Maria V Snyder on hold at our library.

I might be neglecting my family, but I am enjoying some books!
5 comments:
I have Austenland on my night table just waiting for me to finish the book club book! I can't wait!
Reading can be very dangerous. I have to make myself read only after the boys are in bed. (Which doesn't always work!)
YAY!!! You will love it! I just gave into the Twilight phenomenon and LOVED IT!! I can't wait to read the other two.
I have the same problem. My goal is to only read in the evening, but unfortunately I sit down to read and fall asleep. All those books sound good, I will have to check them out after I finish this Vampire series.
Yay for reading! Its what I do when the kids are at school and I'm done blurking and such. Which would explain why my house is not as clean and neat as it should be, and also why I'm still sane.
Post a Comment