We live in the desert. It gets HOT here! So, when it's actually somewhat nice out I want my kiddos to go outside and enjoy it. This morning it's in the mid 80's. I had to force (I was going to say practically force, but I really did have to force) them to go play outside. Bud was even in tears! I don't get it? We have a super fun jungle gym to climb on, sandbox, sidewalk chalk- I'll even let them use water and water the plants. I finally had to give them I time that they could come back inside. So, Bud keeps checking the clock every couple of minutes to see! I just wanted to sweep the kitchen without little feet walking through all of the pop tart crumbs! What weirdos!!
They need to enjoy it while it lasts because in a few short weeks we won't even be seeing 80's!!
3 comments:
You buy pop tarts? How about organic granola and naked juice instead? That'll get'm outside.
Paul
When it's above 85 in Michigan, it's usually too humid to be enjoyable for long. We shoot for the 70s--and it's hard to get the kids to come in when it gets dark!
I'm so sorry. They may have learned this from my kids. Now we don't force them just to go outside...they actually have to HAVE FUN while they are out there or they can't come in. Crazy!!!
Post a Comment