Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Merry Christmas from us!

So, it's that time of year where we send out Christmas cards and let everyone know the in's and out's of this past year. I had fun working out our letter and our "family picture" for the year!
We actually chose 2 different pictures. Some got one and some got the other! I just didn't want to decide!
From Untitled Album

Merry Christmas! We've had an exciting 2008!

Each of us is healthy and well
Ready for what the next year will bring
Reading, running, and recreation have kept us busy
Year-round fun with 3 little kids!

Church callings are keeping us busy; Nate is now in the Bishopric and Rachel serves on the activities committee
Hawaii got a visit from Nate, Rachel, and Matthew this year thanks to Nate's business trip to Pearl Harbor
Rachel continues to work on her vinyl lettering business and enjoys keeping up her blog (vinylchitchat.com & n8swife.blogspot.com)
In Nate's spare time he did some hiking, backpacking, and trained for his first 5K race
Sometime in there we made some trips to Idaho and Arizona to visit Rachel's parents before they left on a mission to the Dominican Republic
Time really flew by and we're now coming to the end of another year
Matthew turned one and is now walking!
All of us enjoy the great Ridgecrest weather
Soccer kept Benjamin on his toes this fall

Together we have watched movies, played games, and had lots of fun
Helping Benjamin learn all 13 Articles of Faith has been great (he has them all memorized!)
Emma's in Preschool and learning to write her name

Keeping up with Matthew's love of unloading cupboards has not been easy
Involvement in the "Yes on 8" campaign taught us be politically active & fight for what's right
Many thanks were given once the election was finally done
Benjamin is now in the 1st grade and loving every minute of it
Laughing, singing, and dancing are some of Emma's favorites!
Every year we give thanks for those blessings we've received
Remembering our Savior's love for us all
So we hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!


From Untitled Album

7 comments:

Amy said...

So creative! I couldn't see the picture though, for some reason. I'll try again.

kjha said...

Hi! Can I copy you next year? I can't see the pictures either, and I was so excited after your undecisiveness to see them! Merry Christmas, K

n8'swife said...

Hopefully the picture problem is fixed! I posted way too late last night!

mytee sooperox said...

I love your idea! BTW, I can see the pictures just fine!

theloulie said...

cute pics, and creative letter, I may have to copy it next year.

Anonymous said...

So cute!

sweet mama entropy said...

We got your Christmas card in the mail today. Those pictures are so cute!! Thanks for thinking of us :)