Saturday, February 21, 2009

Disappointed...

Last night I rented 2 movies. Both from Redbox which is great and I even had a promo code so one of them was free. That being said, it doesn't change the fact that one of the movies was terrible.

I'll start with the first, not so terrible, but not a movie we'll ever purchase. A family in our ward had a baby on Thursday and ended up having to stay an extra night at the hospital. So, their 2 other children came a spent the night at our house last night. Since N8 had bishopric duties to be at the Stake Youth Dance I thought it would be a fun idea to rent something for the kids to watch. I rented Madagascar 2.
We had seen the first in the movie theater. It wasn't too bad, but honestly I wasn't expecting too much out of the 2nd one. It was ok and it kept the kids attention for the evening. That at the microwave popcorn. Popcorn makes everyone quiet down, especially if you have any Handly blood in you!


I also got a fun shot of the kids chowing down!

Since I knew N8 would not be home until close to midnight I decided to rent myself a "chickflick" After hopping online and seeing what was available at Redbox I decided on what I thought was going to be a more of a period piece/drama. It had Emma Thompson in the cast and I figured it had to be good. I was wrong. Anyone searching for a nice, home without hubby chickflick, don't get "Brideshead Revisited". My first problem- it was 2 hours and 15 minutes long! If I was going to watch something that long I would have gotten out my copy of the BBC Pride and Prejudice! Second, naked mens bottoms. When I skimmed the brief description, nudity was not on the list! Nor was alcoholism, homosexuality or adultery. Should I go on?? In short this movie is not on my recommended list of Emma Thompson movies. I might have to watch Sense and Sensibility again just to make up for it!

7 comments:

Megan said...

It still sounds better than the movie we got out of the Redbox last night! It was HORRIBLE!

Amy said...

I'm sorry your movies were bad. I checked out "Impromptu" from the library because it had Hugh Grant and Emma Thompson.... UGH!! It was horrible. I couldn't even finish it. I'm glad you warned me about this movie.

Kim said...

I've been thinking about renting Bridehead Revisited. I will think about it no more.

Merry said...

Thanks for the heads up. It's sad when your favorite actors choose to make a bad film.

turning about said...

We haven't had the best of luck with movies lately either! It stinks...I need some help on picking out good movies.

Mrs. Buv said...

Wait...you eat microwave popcorn? Everything I picture about my life growing up is ruined!! LOL...seriously.

We should walk to 7-11 or Fashion Gal to make up for it... :)

Xoxo,

Randi

Ratliffs said...

We usually check out screen it (dot) com BEFORE we rent anything! It gives a very detailed account of everything that is in a movie. You should check it out!