Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mister Distructo strikes again....

Really I don't know what to do with him!! Mo is driving me crazy with his constant desire to dismantle, pull apart, throw, tip over... the list could go on and on!! Yesterday N8 got totally fed up and took the books off of 2 shelves in a bookcase and threw them into the guest room. Today I moved the bookcase to the guest room to go with the books. Tipping over our bar stools and side table are another joy for him! It's insane!

Last night we had Ricky and Kim over for dinner and FHE. I made BBQ chicken egg rolls and N8 made some french fries. Not the healthiest meal, but mmmm it tasted good! For our lesson I printed out a page from this months friend for everyone. After completing the page we read it all together. (pg 34-32 in Feb 09 friend)

Ricky and Kim brought Creme Brule for dessert! This kids (and N8 and I) enjoyed watching and trying the blow tourch!

So for all you bloggers out there, have you checked out Blurb? I just ordered my 2008 blogbook! I am so excited. On Sunday Megan showed me hers and it looks awesome!
You can check out a little preview of it here: http://www.blurb.com/books/575298

In other excited news, Bud had really taken off on his reading. This weekend we bought him a "Jack & Annie" book, otherwise known as "The Magic Treehouse" series. Then on Saturday I went to the library and check out 3 more. He's now read 3 of them and is halfway through the last one. It's fun to see him so excited about reading!

5 comments:

mytee sooperox said...

Mmmm. BBQ chicken eggrolls sound really good right now. Goes well with the deep-fried scone I just ate.

Sorry about Destructo Man. What a third kid! Of course, Jonny was always the one to pull the books off the book shelves. But that stage hit when we were preparing to move so we just packed them a few months early. Not really the solution you are looking for I'm sure.

theloulie said...

Kids are hard on a house. There are still teeth marks on a windowsill from ds who thought it was fun to bite it.

I can't believe Bud is reading so well, what a smarty pants.

Mrs. Buv said...

He may be destructive, but at least he's so dang cute!!

Randi

Verity said...

Hey, Rachel! I peek in on your blog regularly and love reading about your cute family. :) Be sure and take pictures of your blog book when it comes in and post them for me. I'm working on a Blurb book, too, but I'm not sure what the quality is going to be like... Take care, and have a great week!

Merry said...

Wow! Your little man IS a handful! :)

I have never hear of BBQ chicken eggrolls. I'm thinking I need to try them! And I wish I could have helped with the blow torch!!! I have always wanted to try that. Any good?