Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Our little family...

This last week we got our family pictures take. I love having current family pictures and try and get them taken fairly regularly. But, after President Monson's talk "Finding Joy in the Journey" I found it to be even more important to me:
In the 1960s, during the Vietnam War, Church member Jay Hess, an airman, was shot down over North Vietnam. For two years his family had no idea whether he was dead or alive. His captors in Hanoi eventually allowed him to write home but limited his message to less than 25 words. What would you and I say to our families if we were in the same situation—not having seen them for over two years and not knowing if we would ever see them again? Wanting to provide something his family could recognize as having come from him and also wanting to give them valuable counsel, Brother Hess wrote—and I quote: “These things are important: temple marriage, mission, college. Press on, set goals, write history, take pictures twice a year.”5
So here are a few of my favorites for your viewing enjoyment. Mo wasn't the best at sitting still (is he ever!!), but hey they got taken!!





And here's a slideshow of a a few more:

7 comments:

racheebabe said...

Those turned out great! I love the picture with just the kids. It makes me laugh! They are just so cute!

kjha said...

You've inspired me to get this job done. You're kids are so fun, such personality!

Amy said...

I love, love, love the pictures. You guys look great! Family pictures are such a torture for us! It looks like you have some happy kids!

Megan said...

Those are great! We've always done family pictures yearly and it always amazes me how much they change every year. We used to do it on my birthday. But now we try to do it between Katie & Daniel's birthdays. (The rule was to do it on the youngest's birthday...)

theloulie said...

Those look good, especially the individual pics. Where did you get it done?

Verity said...

Amazing family pictures! I loved that talk by Pres Monson. We're good about the "Christmas family picture," but that may have to suffice for now! :)

turning about said...

What great pictures. We so need to do that again.