Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Let's finish what we started!

When you start a project do you start with the hopes of finishing? I sure hope so, but I will admit I start a lot of things that don't really get finished! It's a terrible habit that I'm trying to work on. This is especially the case with crafts. I tend to see a craft and think-this is going to be awesome, I need to get all of the supplies to make a TON of these! I almost always make at least one, but not a TON. I am then left with a TON of craft supplies!

So in my efforts to be a finisher and not just a starter, here are some of my projects in the making that you will someday see the finished. Plus some projects that I started and finished!!

First off, in all my craft perusing I found a project that I just had to get a TON of blocks for. This really made me want to buy my own table saw, but I settled for having Home Depot cut it for me. There are enough blocks to make a few projects~


I'm currently working on Halloween costumes. These will for sure be done by this next week so I can get pictures taken, printed and taken to Walmart for the annual homemade costume contest. This is the accessory portion of the kids costumes:


Here's a project that I started for my business, so there was an obvious completion date. That always helps. It's a banner for a local hair salon. First is the vinyl all placed out (with Emma to show size). Next is the finished product. She was very happy with it and I had not done a banner before so that was fun!


So here's to starting projects and finishing them. Getting my fall decor out and put up is another project that has been on my list and needs to happen soon. I'm hoping that getting that out will help me feel cooler since the thermometer doesn't seem to realize that it's Fall!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the lightsabers! They turned out so cute! Can't wait to see the block project.

kjha said...

I just saw a cute project with a block like that...need John to just cut me some now! (Or maybe a trip to home depot!) Can't wait to see what your's is. And the banners great. I miss that place!

Amy said...

You are so talented!

Kim said...

You've got me motivated to get my three years and running craft projects finished!