Now this title is slightly deceptive! We had a great weekend. We went down to LA and N8 went to the Stake Temple Day (a 4 hour session!) while I took the kids and did some random shopping. We picked up some fun thing-fabric for Christmas gifts, fabric for baby blankets, fabric in general and these:
We did them last night for FHE, very fun! I want to get these for Christmas!

We didn't really need to recover from Sunday either. We got a call from Ricky, Saturday night, letting us know my Aunt and Uncle came to town and would be joining for dinner. Ricky and Kim made lasagna so we were very happy! At church we had great talks, especially Mirilou's! And the kids did well practicing for the upcoming Primary Program.
Monday we a little different and could cause for some recovery. Since last year we have been doing things both here at home and at school to help with behavior modification for Bud in relation to ADHD. For the last month or so we have been working with the school more because of some more problems we have been having. We had the school Physiologist come in and observe him. We also had a SAT (Student Assessment Team) meeting. And he is meeting in a small group once a week with the school councilor. But it came time that we met with our Pediatrician again. After a long discussion (really I don't think I've ever had a doctor really sit down and talk with me & N8 for so long) we decided to start Bud on a low dose ADHD medicine. Over the next couple of weeks we will be fine tuning the dosage to see how it helps. She also wants to rule out mini-seizures. Since Bud was about 3 he has had a "tick", habit, whatever one want to call it. He shakes his arms. When he does it, he does not respond and can't do anything. It only lasts for a few seconds, but at some points in the day can be very frequent. So, on Monday we get to get him up at 3am so that he can be sleep deprived and take him for an EEG that morning. I'm glad we're working on things and hope that we're making the right decisions.
Now what I really am recovering........ are some chairs! I know, a lot of other junk from our lives to read through to get to the more interesting part! A few weeks ago I got 4 old church chairs from a ward member. They were in good condition but the fabric was itchy and not very pretty! Part of my shopping down in LA was to find fabric to recover the chairs. Luckily Joann's was dong 50% off their red tag decorator fabric and it only cost me $10 in fabric! I now have 2 of the four done and I like them so much better! What do you think?
Before:

After:

My other recovering project was covering clothespins! I have seen these around and just thought they were too cute and had to try it myself! A little scrapbook paper, modge podge, magnet and embellishments and there you have it!

Now here's hoping that we have a calm, productive week that requires no recovery, except for recovering chairs and clothepins!

We did them last night for FHE, very fun! I want to get these for Christmas!

We didn't really need to recover from Sunday either. We got a call from Ricky, Saturday night, letting us know my Aunt and Uncle came to town and would be joining for dinner. Ricky and Kim made lasagna so we were very happy! At church we had great talks, especially Mirilou's! And the kids did well practicing for the upcoming Primary Program.Monday we a little different and could cause for some recovery. Since last year we have been doing things both here at home and at school to help with behavior modification for Bud in relation to ADHD. For the last month or so we have been working with the school more because of some more problems we have been having. We had the school Physiologist come in and observe him. We also had a SAT (Student Assessment Team) meeting. And he is meeting in a small group once a week with the school councilor. But it came time that we met with our Pediatrician again. After a long discussion (really I don't think I've ever had a doctor really sit down and talk with me & N8 for so long) we decided to start Bud on a low dose ADHD medicine. Over the next couple of weeks we will be fine tuning the dosage to see how it helps. She also wants to rule out mini-seizures. Since Bud was about 3 he has had a "tick", habit, whatever one want to call it. He shakes his arms. When he does it, he does not respond and can't do anything. It only lasts for a few seconds, but at some points in the day can be very frequent. So, on Monday we get to get him up at 3am so that he can be sleep deprived and take him for an EEG that morning. I'm glad we're working on things and hope that we're making the right decisions.
Now what I really am recovering........ are some chairs! I know, a lot of other junk from our lives to read through to get to the more interesting part! A few weeks ago I got 4 old church chairs from a ward member. They were in good condition but the fabric was itchy and not very pretty! Part of my shopping down in LA was to find fabric to recover the chairs. Luckily Joann's was dong 50% off their red tag decorator fabric and it only cost me $10 in fabric! I now have 2 of the four done and I like them so much better! What do you think?
Before:
After:
My other recovering project was covering clothespins! I have seen these around and just thought they were too cute and had to try it myself! A little scrapbook paper, modge podge, magnet and embellishments and there you have it!
Now here's hoping that we have a calm, productive week that requires no recovery, except for recovering chairs and clothepins!
7 comments:
Why is it that "recovering", in whatever type that may be, is so exhausting? Those chairs look phenomenal; you'd never guess they are old church chairs!
Those chairs look awesome! I bet whoever gave them to you is jealous now :) I hope everything works out for the best for Benjamin...he's such a cute kid. Good luck with the week!
Wow, I wouldn't even think you could recover those chairs. Good job! I hope everything goes okay with Benjamin. We'll keep your family in our prayers.
Great job on the chairs! Thanks for all the info, and keep me updated on Benjamin.
Great projects!!
Wow, I even got mentioned on your blog? Crazy! The chairs look great! Hope things work our with Benjamin.
The chair look great! Hope you didn't have to recover from any tummy bugs your uncle may have had... Your costumes were great. You and Electra ought to get to know each other. I just scrounged stuff from around the house...Halloween is not my favorite holiday. Don't hate it, just don't love it either. Have a great day!
Post a Comment