First, my mom is redoing some of the pictures that are up in her house and is now going to have a "grandkid" wall. So we needed to take a nice recent picture of the kids. On Sunday morning we headed out front to take our shots.



We also started swimming lessons. Bud and Emma are both in the same class and have been doing a good job. I think they've both improved a lot and I hope that more swimming throughout the rest of the summer will progress them even further. Mo gets to play in the wading pool during their lessons and is enjoying some water time.





I've also been working on a few projects myself. For sewing, I finished a blanket for the new little man and used a piece of the extra fabric to make a small "changing pad". I sewed a piece of shower curtain (they have them at the dollartree!) in the middle to make it "leak proof"!!

I've also been trying out more "applique". I found some terry cloth at Walmart and thought I'd give bibs a try. I'm very happy with how these turned out:

My latest project is on that I've been wanting to get done for a while. I apologize for those that were interested in doing it with me. I decided to start it and just couldn't stop! I'm very happy with how or "tree hands" turned out and the kids had a lot of fun helping get them put together. I decided to add their names in vinyl and a quote above to tie it all together.



(Them empty frame will get filled in August when our little guy joins the family)
Here's where you can find the original idea and instructions: At Second Street
I used flat canvas that came in a pack of 3 from Joanns (don't forget our 40% coupon). I painted them tan. I used 3 different green fabrics for the leaves and a brown one for the hands. It all got modge podged down and sat overnight to dry. I purchased frames at Walmart and took the glass out.
Yesterday I found another neat project that I think I might have to try. Have you every done any quilling? I haven't, but this looks so neat!! What an awesome gift it would make!
Check it out here: Craftasical
We also started swimming lessons. Bud and Emma are both in the same class and have been doing a good job. I think they've both improved a lot and I hope that more swimming throughout the rest of the summer will progress them even further. Mo gets to play in the wading pool during their lessons and is enjoying some water time.
I've also been working on a few projects myself. For sewing, I finished a blanket for the new little man and used a piece of the extra fabric to make a small "changing pad". I sewed a piece of shower curtain (they have them at the dollartree!) in the middle to make it "leak proof"!!
I've also been trying out more "applique". I found some terry cloth at Walmart and thought I'd give bibs a try. I'm very happy with how these turned out:
My latest project is on that I've been wanting to get done for a while. I apologize for those that were interested in doing it with me. I decided to start it and just couldn't stop! I'm very happy with how or "tree hands" turned out and the kids had a lot of fun helping get them put together. I decided to add their names in vinyl and a quote above to tie it all together.
(Them empty frame will get filled in August when our little guy joins the family)
Here's where you can find the original idea and instructions: At Second Street
I used flat canvas that came in a pack of 3 from Joanns (don't forget our 40% coupon). I painted them tan. I used 3 different green fabrics for the leaves and a brown one for the hands. It all got modge podged down and sat overnight to dry. I purchased frames at Walmart and took the glass out.
Yesterday I found another neat project that I think I might have to try. Have you every done any quilling? I haven't, but this looks so neat!! What an awesome gift it would make!
Check it out here: Craftasical
2 comments:
I have never even heard of quilling, but that project looks way cute! And your trees turned out darling. I love the tie bibs for the little one, and that changing pad was genius!
I have done some quilling. Oh so fun but can be a bit ... tedious ... I think that is the word I want. But sometimes that is just me. I can make thinks a bit more complicated and intricate than need be. So pretty though with just thin strips of paper. Hmmm... I am in charge of August...
Post a Comment