Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter, before the bunny...

The kids had today off of school. I'm not exactly sure why, maybe due to Good Friday. N8 took today off and we headed down to LA last night and stayed in the patron apartments. The kids love staying at the temple. I was able to just barely make it into the last session of the evening. While i was in N8 took the kids to the visitors center:

And around the temple grounds:

Emma took her class "pet" Gary the Gateway Gator with us on the trip. He enjoyed meeting Gary the snail:

I feel blessed that we could take this time before celebrating Easter to attend the temple, renew our covenants and remind our children of the reason we celebrate Easter. Of course there will be eggs and the bunny will be stopping by our house, but hopefully they more fully realize that the reason we celebrate is for the Resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ.

My thought are turned to the Savior at this time knowing of the sacrifice he made for each one of us. We as parents make sacrifices everyday for our children and I am grateful for my parents and all they did for me and my siblings. My mom today found out today that the cancer has returned and she will have to undergo Chemo again. It is only with faith and the knowledge of all that the Savior has done for us that I can look at this trial and not have anger. There is sadness, but not anger.

3 comments:

Megan said...

DANG THAT CANCER!! We'll keep you all in our prayers. Let us know if we can help...

Glad you had a nice trip. It sounded heavenly! I wish we'd thought ahead enough and had less to do this weekend!

Amy said...

This is a beautiful post and a beautiful reminder of where our hearts and attitudes should be. I'm sorry to hear about your mom's cancer returning. I'm so grateful you have an understanding of the atonement and all of it's promises. I will pray for you and your family. I really appreciate the great example you are to me with your faithful temple attendance.

kjha said...

I was sorry to read that your mom would undergo chemo again. Our thoughts are with you. What a great example you are to us of your dedication in going to the temple. We'll have to go to LA again...that vistors center looks amazing!