Yesterday I spent my morning frying up some Indian Fry Bread at the 5th grade Pow Wow! The night before I made 5 or 6 batches (I lost count!) of dough. I messed up 2 batches, oops! The kids all really enjoyed coming in and smashing and stretching their dough and watching it be fried up into yumminess!
Lots of kids asked if we bought it or how it was made and were very surprised when I said that I had made part of the dough. I explained that it was much like making homemade bread or pizza dough. Most kids had never had homemade bread or pizza before! Crazy I know.
This is me and Bud's teachers husband. We were the official fryers for the day!
Bud and his Best Bud enjoyed eating the fry bread, playing games, making dream catchers, headbands, and sand art!
Hopefully I'll be out of Fry Bread duty for a few years until Emma is in 5th grade. It was fun, but very tiring!



No comments:
Post a Comment