Monday, October 14, 2013

Sisters weekend...

On Thursday morning I headed out at about 5:45 am and started my drive to Provo. My sister Ruth had planned a sisters weekend. It had been several years since we had been able to do something like this and we had not been able to get all 4 of us together before.
I made it in good time enjoying the sunrise listening to Anne of Green Gables!
About 2 miles from my final exit I got a call from Karen. She was almost to the Trax station and wondered if I was close enough to pick her up. After we figured out the address and I figured out how to get there, I got her picked up and we checked into the hotel. We then headed over and got a tour of my 2 nieces apartments that are freshman at BYU.
We headed back to the hotel and met up with the rest of the group (included my Brother in Law Ray who was also in town recruiting for BYU).
We headed to dinner at Red Robin and then to see Austenland!!
It was hilarious, we all loved it!
On Friday morning we went over the the BYU bookstore and did some shopping and then headed off to get pedicures (a first time for both Karen and I).
All four of us!
Then we went on more shopping, Walmart for cheaper BYU shirts and Seagull book. At this point we took Carol back to the hotel so she could head home and we headed over to the Brickoven to meet up with the college girls, and my brother in laws Brent & Ray.
Then we went bowling at the WILK
and to the observatory in the Eyring for Lucy to finish and astronomy assignment!
We stopped by the BYU creamery on the way back to the girls apts and grabbed some ice cream and gabbed for a while and gave them the bracelets Emma and I had made them.
On Saturday morning we headed to Costco for the girls to load up!! This was Casey's cart!!!
Then it was on up to SLC and Temple Square. We stopped at the Church Art History Museum to see the Norman Rockwell exhibit
and then just walked around, visited, shopped
and ate at Kneaders (so good!!)
Very good friends from growing up Sharynn and Julie also met up with us.
We headed back to Provo, at some Los Hermonos, watched some very funny Youtube videos and we were done!

I left at 7:30am (Utah time) on Sunday morning and made it back home at aboue 5:45pm. Lot of traffic, but well worth spending time with my sisters. Keeping the bonds alive and remembering that families are what we have here, take with us and love forever!

1 comment:

James said...

You really got some good pictures.