Sunday, November 10, 2013

Off to the ER...

This week was met with some excitement, a little too much excitement. I'm hoping this coming week with be dull...
On Monday night I took N8 to the ER. He has had to take me, I have had to take children, he has never gone or himself.
It all started with hot flashes, excruciating abdominal pain and vomiting. We stayed in the ER with N8 receiving IV pain and anti-nausea meds. He received a CT showing an inflamed small bowel and was finally admitted to the hospital at 6am. By about 8am, he was feeling better, sleeping and not on any pain or anti-nausea meds.
We came home about 5pm Tuesday evening and he has been feeling pretty good since. On Friday afternoon he and Emma went for a walk/jog and on Saturday afternoon he went on a "real run"! This week I hope he makes an appt with our family doctor or another doctor just for some follow up. We don't want this to happen again, or if it does we want to know why!!
We were both so appreciative of all of the help we received with the kids. Knowing that we didn't need to worry about them really made it all easier to figure out!

No comments: