Tuesday, May 8, 2007

kicking & hitting & screaming, oh my!!

So, if a stranger were to look at my two darling children they would have no idea that they are constantly fighting with each other. It is just about driving my crazy. The only reason I think I'm staying sane is that Bud goes to preschool for 3 hours each day! If Bud is sitting on the couch reading a book, Emma immediately goes and lays down next to him so she can kick him. This of course aggravates him and he starts hitting her. Then it's just a snowball effect. N8 said that he and his brothers did the same thing. I don't remember doing this with my sister, but I do remember chasing her or visa versa and my mom just ignoring us. I just keep praying that they will our grow this little phase.

So Bud is currently obsessed with the day and time. He is constantly asking "is today Monday (or Tuesday....) This weekend is Father's and Sons campout and we told him it was on Friday. So throughout the day he asks is today Friday, so I can go camping with daddy. I'm glad he's excited to go, but the week needs to go by a little bit faster so we can get to Friday.

I think a blog is a great venue to display or write about crafts I'm working on. So, I've been working on a baby blanket for baby Iris. We haven't planned the shower yet, but it will be in the next couple of weeks. I better be working faster!! I also made a new "quiet book" for sacrament meeting for the kids. We'll probably also do it at the Mother/Daughter craft night in July. http://www.enrichmentcottage.com/files/callmeonamission.pdf
http://www.enrichmentcottage.com/crafts/i_hope.htm
In primary the kids are learning a new article of faith each month, so this should be a good craft to do.

My other new venture is computer scrapbooking. We had a gift card to Best Buy and I got Scrapbook Factory. He's a page from Emma's scrapbook I started.


1 comment:

Andrea said...

Oh, my kids are the worst, they have knock down drag outs. Everyone that I know says that's how boys are. That page is so cute! I love it!