We did at our house! Last year we made graham cracker gingerbread houses. This year we took another step up and bought a kit. All premade gingerbread. All I had to do was add water to make the frosting. My kind of ginderbread house! Can you tell that Emma really enjoyed it!! (we don't normally let her sit on the countertop btw!
Christmas morning with little kids is great! They were so excited to find that Santa had drank the milk and left only crumbs behind from the cookies on the plate. It's fun that we have a fireplace that we can hang our stockings at!
Opening presents, we had to assign Bud and Emma spots that they could sit! That way they couldn't take over someone's present opening! Some of the highlights were Bud's Indiana Jones Legos- Emma's princess scooter- Mo's super bouncy ball- N8 wrist GPS and my copy of Office 2007.
On Friday and Saturday we decided to tackle 2 different home improvement projects that I have wanted to do for quite some time. First we spray painted our brass fireplace insert black! I think it's a huge improvement and it only cost $5 to do it!
Then we painted our fireplace wall a gray/brown. The color matches the grout in our fireplace. I think it looks great, but now I need to refigure my mantle decor!!
On Christmas day I got to talk to all but one of my siblings (we talked to him the next day!) and my parents in the Dominican Republic. N8 got to talk to all of his family as well. That is one thing I love about holidays-getting to talk, or see our families! This week my sisters family is coming to visit. We love having them here. We play lots of game and visit and the kids have a blast! I'll be sure to take lots of pictures.
I hope that everyone had a safe and happy Christmas!
3 comments:
Looks like a fun Christmas! I like the paint job-looks good.
What fun! The gingerbread house looks great. The living room looks great too. Painting is a lot of work, especially with high ceilings. Emma looked right at home sitting on that counter.
Rachel, I love the paint and the fireplace. I can't wait to come see it in real life.
Post a Comment