Monday, March 9, 2009

A full weekend...

This was a nice FLEX weekend that N8 didn't have any church meetings on (except for Sunday of course!). As I posted in my last post, I went out to some garage sales on Friday and I picked up some roller skates. Bud has had fun trying them out. We might need to invest in some knee and elbow pads!!

On Saturday we prepped the house for Ruth and Jim's family to arrive. We did lots of cleaning, which really needed to be done! N8 also took the kids out on a quick hike up by the college to stretch their legs. He happened to run into a 2 other families in the ward! Small Ridgecrest world!!

We had a great time with the Schouten's! The last time they were here was when Emma was just about a week old-she turns 4 on Friday, so it's been a while! We visited, the kids played and we went to dinner on Saturday. On Sunday we went to church, had a great dinner and flew kites. I unfortunately forgot my camera for the kite flying, but here are some pictures from the rest of their visit. We love to have people come and stay with us!

Mo's has a cold and was suffering from "motheritis"- Here he is being shy with Lucy!

Mother-Daughter Ruth & Lucy:

The jungle gym got some good use:

Even with the cold Mo had some fun!

All of our dress-up clothes were pulled out:

It was a lot of fun. Now back the week. On Wednesday I'm hosting our ward cooking group. Our theme is Apples in honor of Jonny Appleseed day. Then on Friday is Emma's birthday party. It should be fun!

3 comments:

racheebabe said...

Looks like a fun weekend!

I love garage sale treasures. You never do know what kind of goodies you can find.

Amy said...

Wow that is a busy weekend. You got a lot done! I miss flex weekends. Glad you could enjoy some visitors too!

theloulie said...

You love people to come stay w/you? Well, we're on our way... ;)