Friday, March 13, 2009

She's 4!!!

Four years ago today my little, spunky, non-stop talked, beautiful, silly girl came into this world with a BANG!!

Probably most of you who read my blog were aware that Emma was born at home, totally and completely unplanned, on our bathroom floor! In that video, N8 is the one talking, there's the paramedic (who arrived after she was actually born) and Amy! If you watch carefully you'll see N8 start to pan over to the bathroom. In a moment of sanity, he quickly realized that his wife was still on the bathroom floor, completely indecent from just delivering a baby and he quickly pans back to Emma.




Although her arrival was unconventional, we love her just that much more! She's non-stop and gives us a run for our money, but I wouldn't trade her for anything!

Happy Birthday Emma!!

7 comments:

Bruce said...

Nate has one cool head. Delivers the baby then picks up the camcorder. Happy Birthday Emma!

kjha said...

Oh how I remember that day! I told Jane this morning that it was Emma's birthday and she said, "My Emma from California? Oh, I love her." Don't we all!

Amy said...

LOL! I will never forget the tremendous blessing and honor it was to be there while you gave birth to her. It was exciting and scary at the time, but as I often reflect on it, I remember that it was one of the most beautiful experiences of my life that I will treasure for always. I'm glad she has grown into this beautiful little girl. Happy Birthday!

The HousewifeTravels said...

Glad it wasn't me. Though I would have liked to skip the epideral drama. Congrats Emma. The big 4!

Andrea said...

She's gorgeous! What a fun experience, although it might not have felt that way at the time lol.

Shelby said...

She's such a cutie! I'm so impressed that you captured some of it on camera! Two kids and we still haven't remembered to bring the camera to the hospital! Happy Birthday Emma!

Merry said...

She is so cute!