In Bud's 1st grade class they have been studying homes and where different things live- like we live in houses, bears live in cave and bees live in a hive! For the annual school open house each person in his class makes a home for something. The open house isn't until the 20th, but we're going to be in DC for the week that she gives the class to work on their project. This weekend we make a beehive!
We cut out honeycombs. Then we used paper mache on the outside. It got a coat of brown paint (to make it look like a log) and some cute little bees made out of pom poms!!
All in all it turned out great!!
We had a fairly productive weekend, most of our to-do list got completed! We were mostly doing things to get ready for our trip. Part of that was hair cuts for N8, Bud and Mo!! Now we need to start packing so we don't forget anything!
7 comments:
I love the beehive! It's so cute!
You guys did a great job! Have fun in DC. I loved visiting out there and want to go back so bad!
DC, as in Washington DC? COOL! Look us up or give us a call if you have time. We'd love to see you.
That turned out so cute. I'm jealous of your trip! I love D.C. Everyone looks so cute!
Cute!
Super cool beehive and cute kids!
Cute Beehive! We had to make a dinosaur for Mackay's project. I just remembered that we forgot to take a picture of it. Silly me! Hope D.C. was a lot of fun.
Post a Comment