Sunday, May 3, 2009

Out with the old....

In with the new...

I love that ever other weekend our weekend starts on Friday!! This weekend we needed it. On Friday, bright and early, we started our garage sale. Our next door neighbors had asked us if we were interested a few weeks ago and I jumped at that chance to get some of the baby clothes stacked in the corner of my bedroom. I finally decided to part with a small portion of the mountain of clothes we have!! We had lots of people and did ok for having mostly small stuff to sell.

Friday afternoon N8 and I had to divide and conquer. He took Mo and Emma and walked to school to pick-up Bud. I drove over to another elementary school to pick-up a friend whose mom had a baby earlier in the day. The kids love having someone else to fight over playing with!!

We had the garage sale again on Saturday morning. Since it turned out to be a SUPER WINDY day we moved the sale up into the garage and figured we wouldn't sell much. But we ended up getting rid of a few more items and it made the whole day with it!

Saturday afternoon I got a call from the 1st councilor in our bishopric. The funny thing is N8 was just sitting there with a smirk on his face!! I could just feel his -ha, ha, I know and you don't!! Ok, maybe he wasn't thinking that, but in a humorous way it kind of felt that way!! So after a short stint on the activities committee and back in a Relief Society calling. I'm glad that I was very satisfied with the one activity that we had while I served!! But, now I am now the Compassionate Service Leader. Thinking back I remember my mom serving in this calling while I was in high school. During that time she was a wonderful example of what a compassionate service leader should do. I found this little quote and hope to be able to exemplify this:
Compassionate service is listening, learning, and loving. It is assisting, persisting, and encouraging another. Most important, it is doing as the Savior would have us do.
I hope that clearing out some of the clutter I can organize and be ready for the new. My house tends to stay fairly clean, but I have loads of clutter stuffed everywhere! I'm ready for that to be gone!! In some of my internet surfing I found this blog: Declutter Your Life with this wonderful quote:

"I believe homes are metaphors for our lives. I believe it’s impossible to make your best choices, your most enlightened, spiritually rich, emotionally stable choices in a cluttered and disorganized home. It just can’t happen. Time and time again, I have seen that when you open the space you create the opportunity for amazing things to flow into that space."

"Organization is not something you do, it’s the way you live your life. It is not about
simply cleaning up, it is about making mindful decisions about your life."

4 comments:

kjha said...

You will be sooo good at your new calling. I also love the quote at the end. Miss you guys!

Kim said...

Congratulations on the new calling!

turning about said...

You will be great with the compassionate service, congrats. I love the LOST thing on the previous post. We are very hooked and I can't watch it without Justin either.

Amy said...

Wow you will be great in your new calling. When I think of compassionate service, I think of you! And serving in RS for so many years will be a great benefit!