Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Come listen to a prophets voice...

This time of year means many things. Cooler weather (which we're actually enjoying today, it's in the mid 70's!), fall colors, Bud's birthday and General Conference. This year Bud's birthday falls on the Saturday of Conference. This means we're celebrating the day before at the bowling alley. I'm sure there will be more on that in a few days.

As far as conference goes, I wanted a little something for Bud to follow to help him maybe get a little more out of conference. I found a few conference packets on Sugardoodle.net at the conference page. But I found one that was my favorite here: General Conference Activity Cards. After printing it out I decided that I'm going to print one for N8 and I as well. It has a place to put the choir info, a word search, a page for each apostle, color the ties page and your testimony(16 printed pages that you cut in half). Hopefully this will help us all get a little more from conference this year!


While I was searching on Sugardoodle I also found 2 other "quiet" type books to make. The first is an article of faith book. Each article of faith has a image to help you remember the basics of that particular article of faith. Then on the back it has the entire article of faith. I laminated them and put a colored piece of card stock to make them more colorful. Benjamin at one point in time could say all of his articles of faith and can still do them with a little bit of help, but it's great practice.


The other is the 1st Presidency and Quorum of the 12's pictures then on the back a little info like: birthday, mission, marriage and interesting facts. I though this would be great for the kids to be more familiar with their faces and learn a little more about their lives. These I also laminated (I love my laminator!) and put some colored card stock with them as well. You can find it here.

2 comments:

theloulie said...

Great links and ideas!

caroltones said...

I didn't know you had your own laminating machine. Lucky! good ideas.