Sunday, August 31, 2008

Why do we think we can??

Why do N8 and I think we can take on any fix-it project!! It always seems to not quite turn out as we expected!! Earlier this week I reached under my sink (not my favorite place!) to get out some cleaning products. As I grabbed the bottle I noticed it was WET!! Never a good sign under the sink. So, I got out a flashlight and stuck my head under only to find that our faucet was leaking. I put a bucket under the drip and called N8. We planned to replace the faucet on Saturday. Friday afternoon we made a trip to the Home Depot, picked out a nice new faucet. It even has the pull out sprayer (a feature our old faucet didn't have!).

After having a somewhat lazy morning we got started on the faucet in the afternoon. As N8 got out the tools, I got under the sink to turn the water off. I quickly discovered that our hot water line was also leaking. So, now we needed to replace the faucet and the valve to the hot water. N8 went out to the garage to turn the hot water off at the hot water heater so we didn't have to turn the water off to the house. As he turned the knob the next problem happened. That valve also broke!

So now we not only needed to replace our faucet, but our hot water valve under the sink and our turn off valve on the water heater. We knew this was past our ability. So we called a friend. He came over and said, Yep it's broken! We quickly got a hold of a plumber and kept our fingers crossed it wouldn't cost us an arm and a leg, also hoping for a quick repair so we wouldn't have to cancel our babysitter!

Luckily it only cost us an arm and we were still able to go out to dinner, just slightly delayed.

In other family news, Matthew decided yesterday that he was ready to start pulling himself up to things. He now does it every change he gets. He hasn't quite figured out how to move around, only how to get stuck!!


10 comments:

Rosie said...

Only an arm?? Woohoo:)

I fixed our leaky sink last month all by myself, yeah I was quite proud of myself:)

Have a goos Monday!

Bruce said...

The old adage is true: Plumbing projects are always more than they seem.

Nice new blog design, by the way!

kjha said...

I like the new layout! Good job on the faucet. Let me be your fatalist friend...it could have...flooded your whole house causing not just a few new things but an entire new kitchen. Hmmm, maybe you would have liked that!

Amy said...

I'm sorry you had such an ordeal with your faucet. But the new one looks nice! Do you like it? The pictures of the kids are cute too! And I can't believe MO is pulling up already. He'll be your earliest walker yet (unless I jinxed it... sorry).

michelle said...

It sounds like you have had your work cut out for you! I hope that things get fixed, and up, and running super soon for you! :) Your new blog look is darling! Good job! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad it didn't cost you a leg too. Ugh, I hate when stuff like that happens!

Merry said...

Sorry everything broke! But it's kinda funny because almost the same thing happened to up when we started to remodel everything.

The HousewifeTravels said...

I hope it was N8's arm. You've got your handsful.

mytee sooperox said...

sorry dave couldn't help more, but the new faucet looks great!

turning about said...

That really stinks! Glad you were able to go on your date though. You probably needed that after the crazy afternoon.