
You never know what a weekend will bring. I love that we have flex Fridays! We started out this flex with a might long list and accomplished everything on the list except one item by dinnertime! We spend the majority of the day working on the yard-mowing, digging up bamboo, cleaning out weeds, etc. N8 also took every item out of our fridge and wiped it all down! It's amazing how things get lost in the depths of the fridge. We had 3 bottles of mustard and 3 jars of dill pickles, but 7 jars of salsa!! Mmmm salsa! I worked on dehydrating more apples! This week a truck overturned full of braeburn apples and Ridgecrest became the beneficiaries of those apples! I ended up with a box/bushel/100 Apples!! I have made applesauce, dehydrated, froze, and made bread with my apples. I really should have made a few phone calls and borrowed a peeler/corer/slicer because that's a ton of apples to peel, core and slice by hand! Today they got more apples from another truck. I told N8 I was not getting anymore apples, I am done with apples!!
Today we had plans to have N8 take the kids on a hike out in the desert and get some more work done in the backyard. But... Ridgecrest wind came today and put those plans on the backburner. Instead we ran some errands and worked on the computer. This afternoon Emma and I went to a Cat Show:


I explained to Emma before we went that the cats would not be putting on a show (no dancing or jumping threw hoops!!) and that she was only allowed to look and not touch the kitties! She did convincce 4 different cat owners that she needed to pet their kitties and we loved looking at all of the beautiful felines!
Bud and a birthday party to go to after that. It was a little girl in his class at school that lives around the corner. In the past we've seen that when they have a party they get a giant bouncehouce and put in in the front yard. They did for this party too. I think this will be dubbed the marathon birthday party though. It started at 4 and Bud and I got home at 7:30! He had fun and that's what matters.
While he was at the party I ran to Staples to make copies of the Ward Activity flyer that I had previously messed up! Then I ran to the Weinersnitzal to pick up a quick dinner. While I was waiting patiently for my fast food that was being awfully slow- N8 called to let me know Mo had barffed up his goldfish crackers and Gatorade. We have been battling a stomach bug with him most of the week. Tuesday he threw up twice and we thought we were done. Then the diarrhea started and hasn't stopped. Now we're back to the barfing. If tomorrow he doesn't start to do better I'll be making a call into our doctor.
So, tomorrow Ricky and Kim are taking Bud and Emma to church. I thought it would be hilarious if they sat on the stand with N8, but realized I wouldn't be there to witness the craziness. We really appreciate that Ricky and Kim are here and willing to help. Hopefully we're on our way out of this entire buggy business!
3 comments:
That was a good update post. I'm sorry Mo is sick. Did you make apple pie filling and freeze it? We did that once, and it turned out pretty good. I think if I had a cat in the cat show, I'd let Emma pet it... who could say no to her. I miss Weinersnitzel (or however you spell it). The party sounded like fun! I hope Mo feels better and you all can be germ free.
It was 3 bottles of the same KIND of mustard; there was actually 7 bottles of mustard total! Oh, and there was 4 jars of dill pickles!
Sorry about Mo,poor kid. I missed the cat show! I would have liked to have gone to that. Way to horde the mustard.
Post a Comment