We have been fans of
Redbox ever since we realized we can usually get our rentals for free by looking for promo codes online. One problem though is they don't always have what we want to rent! Case in point- The Tale of Despereaux. Since it was released on DVD I have checked online regularly at our 3 local Redbox locations. It has NEVER been there. So we finally broke down last night and rented it from Blockbuster. I was suprised to find out that our Blockbuster has changed it's rental rules. It is now $2 for one night or $5 for a week. The no longer do "no late fees", but the rental fees are cheaper. We all enjoyed the movie and I'm glad we finally rented it!

We also rented another movie which I really enjoyed- Flash of Genius. It's the true story of the man that invented the intermittent windshield wiper. It is rated PG-13 for language. I would say a half dozen times there was swearing. No nudity, sex or violence. It stars Lauren Graham (I am still sad that Gilmore Girls is not longer on!!) and Greg Kinnear. But Redbox doesn't carry it!

We debated renting Fanboys. Here's a brief plot description:
"Star Wars" fans travel to Skywalker Ranch to steal an early copy of "Episode I: The Phantom Menace".
We may or may not try that one next time. I would be interested in hearing about it if you've seen it. We're always looking for good rentals, especially in the summer. So pass on any recommendations.
3 comments:
Good to know about Blockbuster's change in policy. They've been suffering with Redbox as competition... Glad you finally got your Despereaux!
We watched Eagle Eye last night. Action movie that I thought Brent would like. It was good. PG 13 for language and violence. It was mild...it's expected in an action movie right?
We really liked Despereaux too! We took the kids to UP and it was a very cute show. Other than that we are always looking for a good flick here and there too. There doesn't seem to be too many anymorel
Post a Comment