Friday, July 10, 2009

Anyone want to craft....

I've been in a crafting slump lately. It's sad and I wish I could get out of it, but the horizon does not look like it will be clearing anytime soon. One of the unfortunate causes for this slump is the current remodel of our local Wal-mart. Even though the store is still open throughout this annoying process, they have chosen to drastically reduce the craft department. When I say drastic, I mean one side of one aisle of fabric and about 2 other aisle for miscellaneous craft items. When the remodel is done we will have an electronics department that will take up about half the store and a craft department that you could blink and miss while walking by! But in my internet surfing today though, I found some really fun crafts that I thought might inspire you!!

So, if you live outside our of little community or happen to be leaving and have access to crafting supplies- take a look and maybe you'll be inspired to do some crafting!!

First is a "washer necklace". These would be perfect gifts for sisters, VTers, a super Saturday or YW craft. The tutorial comes from DIY's Creative Juice (a show that is so cheesy if I ever watch it it has to be muted - se beware!!). The images are from The Creative Crate.

The other craft I found would have been great for Father's day, but is also a great recycling project for all you sewers out there! It's a tutorial on how to make a toddler dress our of a mens dress shirt!! The tutorial is found of the blog MADE
She has all the instructions there but I found another slightly less complicated one at Blue Cricket Design. She made her little girl dresses and even her daughters blessing dress with this simple pattern.

So go be inspired to craft!!

3 comments:

Shelby said...

(Hope this isn't a repost!) Those are so cute! I'll check them out! Thanks for the ideas!

theloulie said...

My dd was just asking if we could do a craft, may have to try the washer necklace.

turning about said...

You are so good at finding cute things to make and do. I have to say I have been in a craft slump for about 8 years. Well I guess that isn't true because I do stuff with the kids all the time, just not something I want to do.