Today is my birthday. I'm 30. It's everything I ever dreamed of...ok maybe not. When N8 turned 30 he was all glum and grumpy. 30 isn't old, but the last night we had to share a little tidbit and testimony at the High Priest mtg and social. It was there I felt old. One might think I would feel young. N8 is definitely one of, if not the youngest High Priest in the stake, but still....
N8 & Emma left at 3:45am to drive down to LA to catch a flight to Detroit. N8's Grandpa Kimbler passed away on Friday. I'm glad we have the resources (frequent flyer miles) so he could go and take Emma with him. The last time we saw N8's grandpa was at Dan and Karen's wedding when Bud was about 18 months. It's a quick trip, they'll return on Tuesday. A birthday, a funeral, a cause for reflection--or maybe a cookie or bowl of ice cream! We'll see what the night brings. At this time I am grateful for eternal families and the knowledge that the Gospel of Jesus Christ gives me about life, family and the eternities.
N8 & Emma left at 3:45am to drive down to LA to catch a flight to Detroit. N8's Grandpa Kimbler passed away on Friday. I'm glad we have the resources (frequent flyer miles) so he could go and take Emma with him. The last time we saw N8's grandpa was at Dan and Karen's wedding when Bud was about 18 months. It's a quick trip, they'll return on Tuesday. A birthday, a funeral, a cause for reflection--or maybe a cookie or bowl of ice cream! We'll see what the night brings. At this time I am grateful for eternal families and the knowledge that the Gospel of Jesus Christ gives me about life, family and the eternities.
![]() |

3 comments:
He should have taken Mo too. Free lap sitter. :) Happy bday.
Happy Birthday! I'm sorry to hear about N8's grandpa, but I'm happy they could get out there for his funeral. I also feel a "little" guilty that we bailed on the HP social. :) We'll try and make it next time--I know how it feels to be one of the few there who have to get a babysitter! :)
Happy Birthday! 30 is NOT old, just wait until you are 33! LOL I'm sorry about Nate's grandpa and that he had to leave you on your birthday. You are a good woman, but you already knew that. And that picture of Nate's grandparents is cute.
Post a Comment