So we seem to be having somewhat of a baby boom here and I really like having a homemade gift to give a new mom. When I saw carseat conopies (or tent) popping up online I loved the idea. A blanket that is attached to your carseat! I can't even count the number of times my blanket fell off the carseat as I walked into the grocery store or Wal-mart.
So I'v been busy making carseat canopies for the new babies that I know of coming up. Right now most of the ladies don't know what they're having yet, so I'm making a little reserve!
My first one I made was given to Oliver. The ones that I saw were a little different that what I made though. I decided to change it up a bit and do ribbon ties for instead of velcro tabs. But after watching Ricky and Kim tie and re-tie their ribbons I have changed my plan and am following the trend and doing velrco tabs. Here is Oliver's with the now added velcro tabs:

Then I made one from Evan and for my future little nephew that's due to make his appearance tomorrow! Sara and Carol, If you read this and would like, I can sew you some velcro tabs to add onto your canopy. So now on all version 2.0 canopy's we have velcro tabs to attach to the carseat!
Here's one from online that's pretty much like what I'm making, and she has a really good tutorial if you're wanting to make you own. They are super simple and depending on how much you spend on fabric, they're a really reasonable gift. I love picking out fabric, finding cute coordinating colors!
Here's are some that I have already made and ready!
This one is flannel on top and cotton on bottom:

This one is flannel on top and bottom:

This is lighter weight and is cotton on top and bottom:

And this one is corduroy on top and waffle knit on top:

On some of them I added some buttons to jazz up the tabs.


I am not a seamstress by any means. I have a hard time even sewing a straight line, but for some reason sewing is relaxing and rewarding for me! Now I need to find some more fun fabric!!
So I'v been busy making carseat canopies for the new babies that I know of coming up. Right now most of the ladies don't know what they're having yet, so I'm making a little reserve!
My first one I made was given to Oliver. The ones that I saw were a little different that what I made though. I decided to change it up a bit and do ribbon ties for instead of velcro tabs. But after watching Ricky and Kim tie and re-tie their ribbons I have changed my plan and am following the trend and doing velrco tabs. Here is Oliver's with the now added velcro tabs:
Then I made one from Evan and for my future little nephew that's due to make his appearance tomorrow! Sara and Carol, If you read this and would like, I can sew you some velcro tabs to add onto your canopy. So now on all version 2.0 canopy's we have velcro tabs to attach to the carseat!
Here's one from online that's pretty much like what I'm making, and she has a really good tutorial if you're wanting to make you own. They are super simple and depending on how much you spend on fabric, they're a really reasonable gift. I love picking out fabric, finding cute coordinating colors!
Here's are some that I have already made and ready!
This one is flannel on top and cotton on bottom:
This one is flannel on top and bottom:
This is lighter weight and is cotton on top and bottom:
And this one is corduroy on top and waffle knit on top:
On some of them I added some buttons to jazz up the tabs.
I am not a seamstress by any means. I have a hard time even sewing a straight line, but for some reason sewing is relaxing and rewarding for me! Now I need to find some more fun fabric!!

6 comments:
My cousin is having her first baby, and I've been itching to try some crafts out for her. This is one that'll be on my list!
Don't forget to include it in Talented Tuesday's Link Party at My Frugal Family!
http://theherberfamily.blogspot.com/2010/01/talented-tuesday.html
Very cute! I was just talking to my SIL about whether or not I wanted to attempt one of these for a friend or buy one from etsy!
Those are so darling...one of those things like why didn't we think of that sooner!
My MIL said she'd make me one if I had another baby. I told her I'd just admire everyone elses. But if I were it would be about now so naturally I've been thinking about you :)
Hmm...I like it!! I may have to make it here soon! :)
We absolutely LOVE ours. It is by far one of the greatest inventions ever! We are constantly getting compliments on it, too. :) You should start selling them! They're brilliant. I haven't had any problems with my ribbons coming undone or anything, but I will let you know if I decide I need velcro. So cute to jazz up the tabs!
Thanks for making and attaching the tabs! The cover stays on much better now.
Post a Comment