On Friday (it was a FLEX!!!!) N8 decided he wanted to make some wheat bread. I pulled out the wheat grinder and ground some wheat for him and pulled out a recipe I have from a friend. He did very well until:
| From 2011-04-30 |
He didn't realize that you can't put a wooden spoon into a mixing kitchenaid! The spoon got tossed, N8 went through the dough and pulled out the piece of wood from the spoon and moved on to forming the rolls:
And the final product was yummy!
Just a note on the wooden spoon. It was a hand me down. When my Grandma Fielding passed away my mom gave me a box of random items that belong to her. I got a cookie jar, jello mold and a wooden spoon. Who knows how old the spoon was. I used it a lot. N8 had no idea when he used the spoon that it had any sort of sentimental value. I think that my Grandma Fielding would be happy to know it's demise occurred while making bread. She was an awesome bread maker!
1 comment:
I love that story...once on my mission a couple we had dinner with made us shakes...with plastic spoon in it. Good times!~
Post a Comment