Monday, March 4, 2013

800m runner....

On Thursday Bud ran the 800m for the school's Junior Olympics. We were not going to be there Friday for the rest of the events so I was glad the event he was most interested in was being ran the day before. They ran by class and split boys and girls. Bud ran with 3 other boys.
They started out running too hard. N8 was able to come and watch. I asked if he had talked pacing with him before the race. He hadn't and next time he will!
By the 3rd lap the other 3 boys were tiring out and started walking, but Bud kept running and gaining a larger lead.
He won his heat and was 2nd overall for 5 grade. I believe this means he gets to go to the district level, which should be fun! We're super proud and love that he is beginning to find an interest in a sport (and the fact that it's running makes it even better!).

No comments: