Monday, September 14, 2009

A blast from the past...

Facebook is one crazy place! Seriously strange and sometimes funny quizzes and the ability to know the most up to the minute info on all your closest friends (or those you haven't spoken to in who know how many years!). I just recently reconnected with a classmate from elementary school and it spurred me to break out and old photo album. That's where I found these!


If you can't tell, I'm the one on the far right! This was 2nd grade I believe and obviously Halloween. I don't ever remember wearing a store bought costume. I remember how excited I was to get to wear my moms costume jewelry!

1st grade: I'm on the middle row 2nd in from the right. Mr McGuirk was an awesome teacher. I remember having an incubator in the classroom and hatching chicks!

2nd grade: Middle row 2nd in on the left. Mr Schwartz always had silly nicknames for everyone in class.

3rd grade: top row, 4th from the left. Mrs Nakamura did the best re-aloud books after lunch. I remember in 3rd grade really learning to love to read.

Do you still have your elementary classroom pictures? How many people can you name? I can only do about 1/2 in each picture!!

6 comments:

Amy said...

That was fun! I think I only have one or two class pictures. My school didn't do them every year that I remember. I'm sure I still have it somewhere and I could probably name most of the people in it, but I grew up in a very small town and went through elementary, junior high, high school and some college with a lot of them.

PS I love you crown!

N said...

I like how your first grade class picture is a mirror image. Did they print the photo that way, or did you do that?

mytee sooperox said...

I have all my class pictures tucked away in a scrapbook somewhere. I remember a few kids in the earlier grades--it helps that starting in 4th grade they printed the names along with the picture and in 6th grade it was yearbook style.

kjha said...

I knew who you were right off! I never had a store bought costume either. My mom recently gave me an album with all my class pictures in it and it was fun trying to remember people. I'm still good friends with a couple of 'em!

Nancy said...

I could pick you out everytime. I still have my class pictures and could probably name 1/2-3/4 of the kids.....a lot more than I could name if they all lined up today and I had to name them!

More News at the Funny Farm said...

Hey, I think you costume, wasn't store bought. I think you mom probably came up with it! I used have a store bought costume back then and they looked nothing like that! Love the crown too!
Sharynn Kew Moore