Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Shopping and games and swelling oh my!!!

Well we have successfully made it through Thanksgiving. We made it through with a full fridge, lots of shopping and games and fun. My sister, BIL and 4 kids came and stayed with us. Emma and Bud are now going through withdrawal from their cousins! We had a great Thanksgiving dinner. Luckily my cousin who lives here made our turkey and we handled the rest. It turned out great and we're still eating the left overs. We played lots of card and we were also some of the crazy people you hear about shopping at insane hours the day after Thanksgiving. My sister and I were in line at Walmart at 4:30am and didn't stop shopping until about 10am! Even N8 and my BIL got into the game this year and hit a couple of the stores. Now I have to tackle all of the wrapping!!

Being on my feet a lot this past week took it's toll on my though. I no longer have ankles!! Swelling has never been an issue with my previous pregnancies. But I had an appointment yesterday and my blood pressure is totally normal so we're not concerned. I'm just trying to keep my feet up more and watch my salt intake. Yesterday we also set a date to be induced. Dec 11 at 7am I report to the hospital. When the nurse called to hospital to schedule it, she said "I need to schedule an elective induction", and I though, there is nothing elective in giving birth at home and I am not doing that again!! Of course there is the strong possibility that I won't make it to the 11 (that's only 6 days early) but we'll see. My goal is to make it to the 9th so my mom can be here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you ventured out shopping that long being as pregnant as you are. You're brave! Thanks again for the package. I love it!

ooooo said...

You did the sales with only a few weeks until delivery!!!!

I'm not worthy! We did the sales too We didn't get much but we love seeing other people rushing to get stuff.

Lupe said...

I'm impressed! Now take it easy because Dec. 11 is around the corner! I can't believe it!

michelle said...

It sounds like your doing well! Try to take it easy these last few days before the baby arrives!!! How exciting for you!!!!