Thursday, December 13, 2007

The newest member of our family!!

Well he made it here with a little drama, but in the end we're a-ok!! Matthew Oscar made it here on Tuesday December 11th at 2:44pm. He weighed in at 7lbs 15.4 oz and 20 3/4 inches long. They started me on pitocen at about 9am that moring and things progressed pretty well. Our of the 3 he was my most difficult delivery. He was born "posterior" or face-up, which was a new term for me. We also had a little drama with some blood work, but after 4 phlebotomists, 3 nurses, about 3 hours and 30 sticks, they got a blood draw and IV started on him. All this to discover that he is perfectly fine! We came home this afternoon and we'll see how Bud and Emma handle this new adventure!

3 comments:

michelle said...

Congratulations!!! awww, he is darling! Is that blond hair I see? So cute! I am so glad that everyone is home, and doing well. Your family looks so sweet all together in the hospital. Take care of yourself, and rest as much as you can! :)

Lupe said...

WOW! Congrats Rachel! He is too precious! What a sweet family pic at the hospital! Welcome Matthew Oscar!!

Anonymous said...

Glad everything is okay! I seriously love Emma's hair. She has the cutest little face for that style! Matthew is so adorable. I love his light hair. Too cute.