Saturday, January 3, 2009

Our Happy New Year!

We were excited and grateful to have my sisters family come and visit us for the New Year. We always have a great time with them. We visit, eat way too much junk food and play lots of games. This year we played a bit of scum, hearts, shang-hi rummy, catan & ticket to ride: the card game. We also enjoyed going into the "mountains" and, as Emma call is "go snowing"! If you look at the pictures, we are in snow. But check out the other side of the mountain. complete desert. If we had gone the next day we might not have had enough snow to get down the mountain.

We also went on a fun little hike. It was one that N8 and I had never been on in an area we had never been to. It was called Devil's Punchbowl. It was a nice hike that everyone could do. There was a little bit of mud and snow and a small creek at the bottom. And since we had to go through Lancaster to get home we got a Jamba Juice and Costco run out of it!!

Today we went bowling. The kids love it. They're terrible, but the love it. We should really do it more often so they can actually learn how to bowl!


Now we have to get back into life. School starts back on Monday. I'm ready for that! We have taken down part of the Christmas decor and need to get down the rest. This week I'm also going to do a little goal setting lesson at mutual for the YW. I taught a RS lesson a few years ago on the subject and they want some of that same material. Luckily I still have the file!

Have a great week!!

7 comments:

kjha said...

What a fun week! Good luck with your lesson, you're a great teacher so should be no problem!

turning about said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas and New Year! We need to find out where that Devils Punchbowl is. We miss Emma in nursery!

Amy said...

You guys always know how to have fun. You know I think we did more when we lived there than we do now! I'm glad you had a nice visit with your sister.

michelle said...

It looks like such a fun week! Bowling looks like so much fun! I think you gave me an idea for our next family activity. :) Happy 2009!

theloulie said...

Fun stuff! I'm interested in the punchbowl place. Good luck on your lesson.

Rosie said...

Wow, what a fun time with your sisters. It looks like you guys stayed busy and the kids had a blast!

Happy New Year!

Verity said...

I love your blog--your pictures are awesome, and your kids are adorable!