
Today N8 left of travel for the week and I took Bud to the doctor. His teacher had asked if we would have him evaluated for ADD/ADHD. I was worried about how this would go and what would happen. I came away from the appointment feeling a lot better about the situation. She said she does feel like he has ADHD, but is not at the point of needing medical treatment. She gave me some recommendations for home and school. She also let me know at what point I might want to bring him back in to discuss more treatment. It's something that we're going to monitor a lot more create more stucture for his routine.
We got his progress report for this trimester and he's really doing well. His reading has really improved a lot in the last couple of months. His STAR testing has shown that he's really getting it, which is always nice for a parent to know!Today I also talked to my parents. Skpe is a wonderful invention! We're able to use webcam's and talk to each other each week. For those that didn't know they are serving in Georgetown, Guyana as family history specialists. They are now serving in the West Indies Mission which is a change from their original call to the Dominican Republic. They are going to get a chance to travel to much of the Caribbean setting up and teaching members about family history.
No major cleaning or organizing goals for the week. Mo has turned into Mister Distructo! So, lately I keep adding more child locks onto things that I never would have thought of! Maybe I'll actually break out some of my mountains of fabric and get working on some projects, mmmm, or maybe I'll play my new favorite Facebook games like: WordPaths and Challenge Suduko! We'll see... If anything Bud will go to school, Emma will go to preschool and we'll all survive another week!~

5 comments:
What are some of the things that they suggested you do at school at home. I really think Ryan is ADD, I don't necessarily think he has the hyperactivity part of it but I'm interested to know what they suggested. Email me if you want.
jeremynandrea@hotmail.com
I meant at school and at home:)
You've had a lot going on! Glad B is progressing, regardless of anything else! Good luck with all of that.
I would also love to hear the suggestions they gave you for Bud. I'll bet you miss your mom and dad but I'm sure they are so appreciated in the West Indies. what an adventure. I miss you and I, too, love preschool for Whitney!
I'm glad that you took Benjamin to the doctor. I hope the things they suggest will work in helping him. I'm so addicted to word challenge that I don't think I can play anything else. Fabric and quilting sound like nice relaxing activities for after the kids are in bed. I hope you have a good week.
Post a Comment