Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Mission pictures!

So my parents finally send some mission pictures!! I was excited to see where there are and a little bit more of what they're doing. I look forward to seeing more pictures!

Here's their apartment in Georgetown, Guyana:
Here is the Suriname Branch:
Here they are at a waterfall in Trinidad:Hurrah for Israel!
Here they are in Trinidad:
Goat guarding the Pershad Branch (They might want to invest in a dog or two!):
A kindergarten class in Lindon:
It's fun to here of all the work that they are doing. They sound busy helping establish the church and teaching the members about family history and how to do it. It also sounds like they're both getting some good music skills in. My mom will probably come home an accomplished pianist/organist!

Mom and Dad, thanks for sending pictures, keep them coming!!

7 comments:

mom said...

Rachel, Kathryn sent me these pictures on to me. I asked Gladys Ann how they were doing and she said they were very busy. They look great and very happy. There is a couple that went to Suriname 10 years ago and they still keep in contact with some of the members there. A boy just came to Providence from there because he was entering the missionfield. I will have to ask our friends some names and maybe your folks can meet them. We saw a cute picture of Emma last night at Kathryn's - it was Jane's birthday and they wee showing us her baby book. We actually miss coming to Ridgecrest. Kathryn still misses you and wishes she could get some good friends in Brigham. Hope all is well with you. Margaret

mom said...

Rachel, Kathryn sent me these pictures on to me. I asked Gladys Ann how they were doing and she said they were very busy. They look great and very happy. There is a couple that went to Suriname 10 years ago and they still keep in contact with some of the members there. A boy just came to Providence from there because he was entering the missionfield. I will have to ask our friends some names and maybe your folks can meet them. We saw a cute picture of Emma last night at Kathryn's - it was Jane's birthday and they wee showing us her baby book. We actually miss coming to Ridgecrest. Kathryn still misses you and wishes she could get some good friends in Brigham. Hope all is well with you. Margaret

Bruce said...

Thanks for the pics!

Kim said...

I hope they call me on a mission to Suriname. I like the new blog background.

kjha said...

Well, I sent this to my mom (as you can see!) looks like they're doing great! Any plans to go see them???

Merry said...

That looks so exciting! What an awesome mission!

Amy said...

I don't know how I missed this. But I'm glad that your parents are doing so well.