Friday, July 31, 2009

Fun day Friday!

Today was the last day of swimming lessons, Hallelujah!!! Now my joy is not because my kids didn't enjoy lessons. In fact this session was even better than the previous one. My joy is due to the fact that I am done having to endure extreme afternoon heat (we're talking anywhere from 105-112). Every afternoon Bud and Emma jumped in the nice cool water while Mo and I sat on the sidelines in the scorching sun and heat. Never again will we do afternoon swimming lessons!!

This session Emma was in level 2 and Bud was in level 1. I was sure that Bud had passed level 1, but apparently his teacher didn't agree. But that could be due to the fact that she wasn't even there for the last 2 days (out of 10 days of lessons). Oh well, we're done for the season with lessons and hopefully next year he can start out in level 2 with a little practice.

I took my camera today for "Fun day Friday". The kids had a blast!! Emma went off the diving board and down the slide. Bud even went down the slide!! Here are a few of the best shots from the day:

3 comments:

Megan said...

Nice rash guard you found!

Amy said...

Nice pictures! Looks like fun!

michelle said...

It looks like it was a fun day!!! Your temps. sound just about as hot as ours are. I am waiting for cooler days! :)