Monday, January 12, 2009

Back in the swing of things...

So, I've decided that last week didn't count in the week of things. It was the week to get back into the groove after being on hiatus for 2 weeks. Now I have to actually thing about cleaning, organizing, cooking, life! N8 heads out on travel tomorrow for the rest of the week so I need to formulate a plan of attack. I'm not sure why it is when he is gone I tend to try and get a whole bunch of stuff done.

One of my goals this week is to clean my shower. Our shower has felt dirty from the day we moved in (coming up on 5 years!). It's gross, but I try and get myself clean and not think about it. I've tried tons of different cleaning products, but nothing seems to work on the hard water and scum that has invaded the space! The shower doors are the worst. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! I did get a pumice stone to try and see if that will work. We'll see...

My other goal is to increase my score on word challenge!!
This mindless game on facebook has taken over! I can't seem to stop playing, but here's the really sad thing-- I'm terrible at it!! I look at my friends scores and think I am that big of an idiot! I have to play it again because surely I can get a better score than that! Roxy, you and Dave totally rock btw because there is no way I'm ever going to come near your scores!!

So that's not a very long list is it? Clean my shower and play a computer game. Maybe I should have better goals for the week. I did teach the YW a lesson on setting goals this past week and I thought it went well. Then we also had a great talk in sacrament meeting on setting goals (great job Shar!). I will admit though that after her talk the other speaker (Ron) started talking about finding Niles Krane in the MoTab. That really got my mind wandering!!

But back to the task at hand. Maybe along with my shower I'll tackle my bedroom that happens to be attached to that bathroom. Hmmm, we'll see. Maybe I'll just play more word challenge!

7 comments:

theloulie said...

I have all these great plans, but life seems to take over. Good luck with your shower, let me know if the pumice stone works, I have problem areas too that I haven't figured out how to fix. I may have to check out that word challenge.

Megan said...

I'd be happy to come over with my basket of bathroom cleaning goodies. I like a good grungy challenge. LOL! :) (And maybe we could feed you guys dinner one night while N8 is gone... every mom needs a break!)

Kim said...

I think increasing your word challenge score is a perfectly resonable goal for the week. I will be cheering for you!

N said...

Take the shower doors out and throw them away. Then put in new ones. It worked for us!

Amy said...

I think tackling the shower is a perfectly good goal to set. And with N8 gone you could set another goal of not cooking once this whole week!

kjha said...

I agree about just throwing the doors out. I scrubbed for hours with lime away with very little to show for it. Also, we resprayed our shower and it worked! Apparently you should never use comet or most other cleaners on fiberglass showers (is that what you have?). It was much better when we were done! Anyway, good luck with everything! Oh, and could you post the site on how to make tutu's? Or call me...

mytee sooperox said...

If you want some pointers on how to get the high scores on Word Challenge, let me know. Dave found a way to work the system and it does work. The sad thing is, we have friends who are even better than we are so I just gave up!

Loretta came and cleaned my shower once (being the sweet VT that she is) and she got it to sparkle! One thing did was take an SOS pad to the soap scum. I guess with the layers of soap scum there, it doesn't hurt the fiberglass. So I do it like that now! She also took Windex to it after it was dry and it looked gorgeous! Made me feel like I had a whole new shower. I hope that gives you ideas. Don't know what to do about the doors. I took mine out the day we moved in, but then we have two tubs.